Light Intesity Control System for Compact Flourescent Lamps Blue And Green 11W CFL's
Dimmable Magnetic Adapters for 9W/11W CFL's
• The "Orion Poultry Lighting system" enables the grower to control the light in the broiler house from 100% down to 20% (25 Lux to 5 Lux).
• Stimulation by Green & Blue lighting has been proven by scientists to be an excellent lighting system in modern poultry meat production.
• Light levels in the broiler house can influence feed conversion.
• Green & Blue bright lights of 20-30 Lux stimulate chick activity and help them to locate feed and water.
• After 10-14 days, Blue light can gradually be reduced by the dimmer, to a level of approxmiately 5 Lux in the dark areas.
• Better weight and livability can be achieved through lower blue light levels, which calm the broilers, and reduce activity.
• Light Intensity Controller for up to 60 11W CFL's
• The System Operates on 230V/50Hz or 220V/60Hz
• 11W Green CFL's - 1200 Lumens
• 11W Blue CFL's - 300 Lumens
• Orion CFL Lamp Adaptor
For the first 12 days the combination of Green and Blue light should accomplish a minimum avarage of 20-30 Lux at bird head level.
After 12 days the green light should be shut off. The Poultry House will be lit with 2 rows of blue light on High Dimmer Position.
After 14 days the 2 rows of Blue light will be dimmed for 2 days to the Medium level.
After 16 days up to the end of the flock growth the house will be lit with 2 rows of Blue 11W lamps dimmed to the Low Position.
The effect of monochromatic light on broiler growth, behaviour and development:
it was concluded that blue or green light is preferable to red or white light for broilers because it keeps the birds calmer and is chosen by the birds themselves.
Green and Blue lights stimulate growth.
Green light enhances growth at an earky age.
Blue light enhances growth at later age.
(Poultry Science 1999 78: 135-138 & Poultry Science 1997 76: 452-457)