MidNight 250W (IP20)
EHIDMidNight® Electronic ballasts (IP20) for 250W, MH and HPS lamps.
The EHIDMidNight ® uses an algorithm which is constantly calibrating and adjusting the reconfigured dimming timings.
The remote reconfiguration capabilities allow for interchangeable dimming scenarios (dimming levels and timing) whether preformed before leaving the production site, or at any given time after installation at the site.
- Low Frequency Square Wave (81Hz).
- Precise PULSE ignition process.
- Continuous dimming for HPS and MH lamps.
- Very low losses (A2).
- Digital control by a single microcontroller.
Electrical input data:
- Voltage Range: 198-264V 50/60Hz.
- Exceptional low inrush current.
- Constant power consumption.
- PF > 0.98.
- THD-A < 6%.
- Class B - Voltage dips & Interruptions (IEC61000 4-11).
Lamp operation and lamp prolong longevity:
- Improved Lamp RUN-UP process (Ignition voltage- 4.5Kv pulses).
- SPR < 1.5% according to IEC61167.
- EOL protections in accordance with latest lamps’ technologies.
- Max line load cap. 250pF – 2.5 Meter (w/ I-AMP ≤ 25Meters).
- Stable lamp power output.
Ballast Protection Factors:
- Protection at end of lamp’s life (EOL): DC, cycling, Ignition failure and external arc.
- Protection during abnormal mains conditions such as over / under voltage.
- Protection in case of a lamp short circuit.
- Fuse protection.
- Temperature control:
- Power reduction (dimming) – when temperature reaches TcMax.
- Total shutdown - when temperature is higher than TcMax.
Standards and compliances:
- Energy Efficiency Index, A2 (Regulation 245/2009 Annex V, sec. 3).
- EN 61347-2-12 General & safety requirements.
- EMC: EN61000-3-2, EN55015, EN61547.
- IEC 62386 (DALI).
- Products and company complies with:
- ISO 9001- Quality standard.
- ISO 14001 - Environmental standard.
- RoHS Directive.
- CE Marking.
The EHIDMidNight® is based on the MidNight concept that has already made its impression on the market and has become a great success for HID ballasts.
Stemming from an in-depth electronic ballast platform as well as advanced algorithm and reconfiguration capabilities, the EHIDMidNight® ballasts is a pioneering concept in the market of modern street lighting technology.
The MidNight™ brings an innovative concept to street lighting with the shortest ROI plan in mind. The re-configuration ability, the interchangeable scenarios and the adaptive night behavior - bring about the best results for energy efficiency.
Adaptive Night Behavior:
The EHIDMidNight® uses an algorithm which is constantly calibrating and adjusting the reconfigured dimming timings.
The system uses the lighting start point (ON) and end point (OFF) in order to determine the Mid point (MID).The MID point is the anchor through which all calibrations are considered.
By examining the MID point throughout the year’s nights reveals that it is a fixed point and thus may be used as the anchor of the adaptive behavior.
The remote reconfiguration capabilities allow for interchangeable dimming scenarios (dimming levels and timing) whether preformed before leaving the production site, or at any given time after installation at the site. At the site, dimming scenarios in the ballast are created or altered by a Mains Signaling Sequence (MSS). The MiCO™ or the CTT execute a command to the feeder pillar’s main contactor. The main contactor ON/OFF switching sequence creates a signal that is carried along the existing power lines (not a digital communication). The MSS is then received and decrypted by the ballasts and thus the dimming scenario is reconfigured for all of the ballasts and the nodes on the switched phase.
The EHIDMidNight ®ballasts are future proof, as they may be easily upgraded to fully controlled ballasts, with digital communication.